HVAC Installation Helper Career Opportunity
Title: HVAC Installation Helper
Employment Status: Full Time
Employment Type: Hourly
Experience: Entry Level
Salary Level: Experience Based
Drivers License Required: Yes
At Edwards Heating & Air, our dedication to quality extends to every service and product we provide. Since first opening our doors in 2001, we have continued to protect home and business owners in the areas we serve. We look for team members that embody the same customer focused principles. By never failing to handle every project with care and dedication, we earn our customers satisfaction, recommendation, and business. We have continued to expand our list of clients by answering every call promptly, responding with courteous service, and delivering rewarding solutions.
- Assists workers engaged in installing industrial, commercial, and residential environmental-control systems, performing any combination of following duties: Cuts, punches, flanges, shears, and solders sheet metal ducts and parts, using hand tools and portable power tools.
- Passes electrical wire through conduit, splices wire connections, and tapes wire.
- Installs air and water filters in completed assembly.
- Lubricates fans, motors, and control units.
- Replaces exhausted or defective containers of refrigerant with new refrigerant.
- Assembles sheet metal components of prefabricated furnaces, using hand tools.
- Ensures complete protection of customer’s property by installed and servicing Heating Ventilation and Air conditioning (HVAC) equipment and material in a safe, professional and expeditious manner
- Removes any equipment necessary for the installation of new HVAC product and material according to manufacturer’s specifications
- Cleans up work areas, including any areas that were utilized for the installation process
- Maintains truck stock inventory within the Company guidelines (i.e., wash truck weekly, oil changes), and ensures tools and equipment are in safe operating condition
- Adheres to all Company policies and procedures
- Completes all Technician training elements successfully within required timeframes
- Reports any unsafe acts, conditions and hazards to direct supervisor/manager immediately.
- Reports any contravention of legislation or company policy, procedure or program to direct supervisor/manager immediately.
- Complies with the general rules as prescribed by company program(s) procedure(s)
- Operates devises or equipment as prescribed by company program(s) or procedure(s)
- Assembles equipment and materials needed to begin and complete work projects
- Maintains equipment.
- Must have excellent written communications skills
- Must possess excellent time management skills
- Must have excellent oral communications skills
- Must have the ability to juggle multiple tasks
- Must be able to deal with difficult people
- Must have excellent organizational skills
- Must be able to work well with other technicians and tradesman
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Ability to communicate, read, understand and apply written text of a technical nature in order to answer questions, solve problems or complete job tasks
- Ability to work variable and flexible hours, including significant overtime as needed.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to frequently bend, stoop, kneel, stretch, twist, reach and climb
- Ability to access interior and exterior landscapes
- Excellent logistical knowledge of the area and surrounding counties
- Must be able to drive to local job sites on a daily basis
- On-call and overtime hours as needed
- Good hygiene and cleanliness is required at all times
- Must adhere to the company uniform policy.
- Maintain a clean vehicle and make office aware of maintenance issues
- Follow rules and regulations as described in the company Handbook
All potential employees must pass a drug test, background check and be insurable.