HVAC Service Technician Career Oppotunity
Title: HVAC Service Technician
Employment Status: Full Time
Employment Type: Hourly
Experience: 2-5 Years
Salary Level: Experience Based
Drivers License Required: Yes
At Edwards Heating & Air, our dedication to quality extends to every service and product we provide. Since first opening our doors in 2001, we have continued to protect home and business owners in the areas we serve. We look for team members that embody the same customer focused principles. By never failing to handle every project with care and dedication, we earn our customers satisfaction, recommendation, and business. We have continued to expand our list of clients by answering every call promptly, responding with courteous service, and delivering rewarding solutions.
- Check in with office for scheduled jobs after the completion of each job and at the end of each work day.
- During and or at the end of each task complete all company provided forms to the fullest extent possible.
- Responsible for time management of jobs scheduled each day.
- Check in with client at the beginning and end of each task.
- Obtain client signature on company provided forms where applicable.
- Upon completion of each task record time spent at each job on the weekly time sheet.
- Hand in paperwork at the end of each week for processing in sequential order.
- Ensure all vendor packing slips or invoices for each job are secured to the related job forms.
- Ensure all materials used for each task are listed properly on the company provided forms.
- Assist on job sites with other Knott Mechanical technicians as needed.
- Answer all office pages/calls in a timely manner.
- Check in as needed to ensure office dispatcher and/or field supervisor are aware of your status.
- Secure parts and tools needed throughout the day for various jobs as required.
- Call in repairs to the estimator or field supervisor and provide the necessary info needed to quote the repair, and fill out the appropriate quote forms as required.
- Consult field supervisor or dispatcher in times of uncertainty.
- Must be able to build client confidence in company.
- Provide information to management on training needs and courses of interest.
- Responsible for the daily preparation of the parts and tools for each day’s activities.
- Complete work in a timely and workman like manner.
- Coordinate with dispatcher for the use of company tools and ensure they are returned to the office in a timely manner.
- Participate in company–wide internal meetings as required.
- Maintain company tools in a professional manner.
- Must have excellent written communications skills
- Must possess excellent time management skills
- Must have excellent oral communications skills
- Must have the ability to juggle multiple tasks
- Must be able to deal with difficult people
- Must have excellent organizational skills
- Must be able to work well with other technicians and tradesman
- Refrigerant controls (metering devices)
- Hermetic compressors
- Heat Pumps to 5-ton
- Split systems to 5-ton
- Packaged units to 5-ton
- Ductless splits
- Electric Motors (3-phase and 1-phase)
- Electric motor controls (contractors, starters, relays, disconnect, thermostats, etc.)
- Light commercial furnaces, boilers, burners and related controls (oil and gas)
- Various types of water pumps
- Intake and exhaust fans
- Unit heaters (hot water, steam and electric)
- Excellent logistical knowledge of the area and surrounding counties
- Must be able to drive to local job sites on a daily basis
- On-call and overtime hours as needed
- Good hygiene and cleanliness is required at all times
- Must adhere to the company uniform policy.
- Maintain a clean vehicle and make office aware of maintenance issues
- Follow rules and regulations as described in the company Handbook
All potential employees must pass a drug test, background check and be insurable.