New Construction HVAC Mechanic
Title: Residential New Construction HVAC Mechanic
Employment Status: Full Time
Employment Type: Hourly
Experience: 2-5 Years
Salary Level: Experience Based
Drivers License Required: Yes
At Edwards Heating & Air, our dedication to quality extends to every service and product we provide. Since first opening our doors in 2001, we have continued to protect home and business owners in the areas we serve. We look for team members that embody the same customer focused principles. By never failing to handle every project with care and dedication, we earn our customers satisfaction, recommendation, and business. We have continued to expand our list of clients by answering every call promptly, responding with courteous service, and delivering rewarding solutions.
- Install and inspect a variety of heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment and systems.>
- Descale tubing; cut and thread pipe; make pipe and low voltage connections.
- Provides proper methods of storing and maintaining tools, equipment and supplies in a safe and orderly condition.Meet schedules and time lines.
- Record and report all faults, deficiencies, and other unusual occurrences, as well as the time and materials expended on work orders
- Test pipe or tubing joints and connections for leaks, using pressure gauge or soap-and-water solution.
- Adjust system controls to setting recommended by manufacturer to balance system, using hand tools.
- Teach and instruct helper on the installation of a HVAC system.
- Interpret and work from plans, diagrams, and specifications.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions and instructions.
- Work independently with little direction and work cooperatively with others.
- Capable of climbing and working at heights, walking and standing for extended periods of time.
- Lifting, bending, pushing, and moving objects weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Listening and speaking to exchange information.
- Expected to demonstrate leadership and teamwork.
- Notify field supervisor on the progress of his helpers.
- Accountable for the completion of assigned jobs.
- Assures that crew complies with safety, company and builders policies.
- Must have excellent written communications skills
- Must possess excellent time management skills
- Must have excellent oral communications skills
- Must have the ability to juggle multiple tasks
- Must be able to deal with difficult people
- Must have excellent organizational skills
- Must be able to work well with other technicians and tradesman
- Refrigerant controls (metering devices)
- Hermetic compressors
- Heat Pumps to 5-ton
- Split systems to 5-ton
- Packaged units to 5-ton
- Ductless splits
- Electric Motors (3-phase and 1-phase)
- Electric motor controls (contractors, starters, relays, disconnect, thermostats, etc.)
- Various types of water pumps
- Intake and exhaust fans
- Unit heaters (hot water, steam and electric)
- Excellent logistical knowledge of the area and surrounding counties
- Must be able to drive to local job sites on a daily basis
- On-call and overtime hours as needed
- Good hygiene and cleanliness is required at all times
- Must adhere to the company uniform policy.
- Maintain a clean vehicle and make office aware of maintenance issues
- Follow rules and regulations as described in the company Handbook
All potential employees must pass a drug test, background check and be insurable.