Heat pumps have changed considerably over the past few years. Those changes create increased efficiency regardless of the season. Get the best energy efficient heat pump available by understanding the types, ratings, and options HVAC heat pumps offer. Contact Edwards Heating & Air for affordable heat pumps that are energy efficient year round.
HVAC Heat Pump Types
There are several different HVAC heat pump types to choose from depending on your home’s resource availability. HVAC heat pumps can pull energy from the air, ground, or water to provide cooler or warmer air to your home. Each of these heat pump types work differently. The resources available to your home determines the best type of heat pump to install.
- Air-Source Heat Pump:
- Energy is used to pull heat from outside to pump into your home to heat it up and heat from inside is transferred outside to cool your home
Heat Pump Efficiency Ratings
Just like other heating and cooling systems, HVAC heat pumps are rated by efficiency. Heat pumps are rated based on a Seasonal Energy Efficiency Rating (SEER) for how efficient they are at cooling during the hot season. During the cold season, they are rated based on the Heating Seasonal Performance Factor (HSPF). You should look for high ratings for both the SEER and HSPF when buying an energy efficient heat pump. The higher the rating means better energy efficient performance.
Energy Efficient Heat Pump Options
Additional options for your heat pump will boost your efficiency even more and give you better temperature options year round.
- Variable-capacity controls help adjust your home’s heating and cooling requirements at any given time, eliminating wasted energy.
- Zoned heating and cooling allows for independent control of airflow to various rooms in your home at the same time.
- Two-speed compressors allow a heat pump to heat or cool at a set capacity for any given time, which is great for decreased energy costs and increases the durability of your unit.
- Variable-speed motors maintain comfortable and consistent air velocity.
Get the best energy efficient heat pump for your home by looking at the different types and additional options for increased efficiency. Edwards Heating & Air offers the best Carrier heat pumps on the market and installation from NATE-certified technicians. Call us today and discover the benefits of HVAC heat pumps!