Homeowners can get the best of both heating and cooling with a heat pump. In areas where the climate is moderate, like Atlanta, a heat pump is an energy efficient alternative to regular furnaces and air conditioners. Edwards Heating & Air offers several different models of heat pumps, along with preventative HVAC maintenance and HVAC repairs for your heat pump.
How Heat Pumps Work
The beauty of a heat pump is that it can cool and heat a home with only one system. They operate using a small amount of energy to move heat from one area to another. During the cooling season, the heat pump moves heat from your cool home back outside into the warm weather. During the heating season, it moves heat from outside into your house to warm it up. Moving heat, rather than producing heat, is less expensive compared to typical air conditioners and furnace systems.
Benefits from Heat Pumps
With the benefit of heat pumps working year round, the advantages are many:
- Combines heating and cooling in one system
- Energy efficient for saving money
- Improved air quality in your home
- Environmentally friendly
- Takes up less space than traditional heating and cooling systems
- Safer without creating hot surfaces for people to come into contact with
- Easy HVAC maintenance and HVAC repairs
Types of Heat Pumps
If you are considering purchasing a new heat pump system, consider contacting Edwards Heating & Air for more information on air source heat pumps.
- Air source: a heat pump pulls warm air from one area and transfers it to another to heat or cool your home
Discover the benefits of heating and cooling in one system with a heat pump from Edwards Heating & Air! We offer the highest efficiency options for all heating and cooling systems, including heat pumps. Contact us today for HVAC maintenance, installation of new systems, and HVAC repairs.