Are you considering selling your home or is it already on the market? There are a few ways to increase your selling price. New carpets, new paint, or a new roof will help with resale value but what about replacing your old HVAC system? Your current system may not need an HVAC replacement but instead need HVAC repair. Consider your HVAC systems before making any big decisions for your home.
Things to Consider:
Whether you repair your old HVAC system or invest in a new HVAC system, there are a few things to consider when making a decision:
- Does your old HVAC system currently work?
- Does your current system use Freon?
- Does your budget allow for the purchase of a new HVAC system?
- Has your current system been serviced regularly?
- How old is your current HVAC system?
Reasons to Repair Your Old HVAC System:
- It will likely cost less than an HVAC replacement
- Remodeling might be required for a new HVAC system
- Small HVAC repairs that aren’t costly save you money in the long run
- Buyers might be happy with your current HVAC system
Reasons to Buy a New HVAC System:
- Continued breakdowns with your current heating and cooling system
- To increase energy efficiency to attract buyers
- The age of your unit is over 10 or 15 years
- To modernize your home
- The warranty that comes with a new HVAC system might bring in potential buyers
Tips for Choosing a New HVAC System:
If HVAC repair isn’t an option for your system, check out these tips when shopping for a new heating and cooling system. You want to make sure your new unit is energy efficient with the latest advancements in the HVAC industry. Other things to consider before buying:
- Investing in an energy efficient HVAC system appeals to future buyers for utility and replacement savings
- Choose the right size for your home to reduce HVAC repairs
- Add a heat pump to increase efficiency
- Going green with a new system could be beneficial in your area
Deciding which option is best for the resale of your home doesn’t have to be frustrating. Contact Edwards Heating & Air to discuss your options. Our professionals will get your current system squared away with an HVAC repair or install an HVAC replacement system that fits your budget and efficiency needs.